sunnuntai 22. kesäkuuta 2014

Curveball.

Few days ago I was informed, that our whole rehearsal space was flooded with sewagewater, and all our gear is probably ruined. This is quite a major set back, 'couse I was thinking that we could possibly start writing new songs now that Vili is back, but apparently some cosmic Karma has some other plans. Delaying plans. We don't even know if we have enough gear to play the shows we're supposed to play in few weeks, if the pedals work, if the guitars are ruined or anything. I know my drumset is soaked and ruined, and I really loved those drums. My whole life in music started with those drums, when my friend was bashing them in his parents house, in their small clothes room where the five of us used to practice. I lost my consciousness there more than once, because there simply was not enough room for five people and the gear. When my friend decided to sell those drums, I was the first one in line to buy them, since I was already arranging quite a few shows and the backline was usually the problem. I was happy to get those drums near me. Also, they sound amazing, so dark and deep and ambient, the best drums in the world, if you ask me. Yamaha Stage Custom set with 24" bass drum. Fuckin' aye.

So what can I do now? Pretty much nothing. I'm not used to sitting still, but I understand now, that there is nothing I can do about the situation. I am more than hundred kilometres away, occupied with work, other bands rehearsals and recordings and lacking the money to buy us a whole new gear or a new rehearsal space, so the best thing I can do is stop worrying, stop laying the stress on my friends who are there trying to figure out what happened and what damage did it cost, just wait for more information. And it's not that serious anyway. It's life.

Right now I'm gonna drink another cup of black coffee, watch some Chappelle's show and draw some more donkeys. This is what it looks like inside my brain right now anyway:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti