perjantai 18. huhtikuuta 2014

Just to say thanks..

At the moment life has taken it's extremes to the very extremes. On the other hand I am relatively happy with my life, on the other it seems to have a chokehold over me. One main thing is living in a suburbia. I think those things that awaken conformity in most people are just making me anxious and uneasy. But I can cope with this, as long as my life has music in it. And it appears there is still quite a lot of it coming up. I get to play awesome shows with people I love and respect, people who I have known for quite a long time and people who I think are the most inspiring human beings on this planet. It feels great. I feel priviledged. I know not all musicians get to do this even on this extent, and I am grateful for every single second of this.

Our drummer, Vili, is now grinding the South America with his other band Inferia. We played couple of shows with them last weekend, and it felt so fucking great to see him play guitar again. It made me think of us back when we were teenagers (well, it's not THAT long time ago, but in this transmissive age you get sentimental over that sort of little things), when he played guitar in our first band. He was awesome back then, I could have just listened to him for hours, and he still is. Everytime he grabs the guitar, you know he's going to nail it. He is quite fucking awesome human being. While he is gone, we have our original drummer playing. It's going to be interesting, and we're going to play probably mostly old songs, which is not that big of a deal, since we never really stopped playing the old songs in the first place. It's just that we have 120 songs, and you need to pick about 18 to fill a twenty-minute show. Do this without any setlists, and you have our gig. Now I think we need to make some sort of setlist, something solid we can rely on while Vili is gone. Just to make things more simple.

I don't know what the future brings, but I hope it will pummel us with more shows, hopefully more and more tours outside Finland and some great individuals, who we can get to know, and form a lifetime friendships to. Everytime I stop and think how many people grindcore has brought to my life, I can't help feeling awestruck. It's just so utterly incredible to think about all this. Thank you. Every single one of you.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti