maanantai 25. huhtikuuta 2011

Organizing shows

Organizing shows for other bands is, well, fun. It takes your mind off of your own fucking ass, gives you an opportunity how things work out twice as smoothly when you have A GOOD BAND to offer. People actually ANSWER your e-mails and try to behave. Of course they are still skeptic when the "music" is mostly just bashing and banging, but when they see 397985703797398652564788 myspace friends of the band, they smell money and see that this may work. Naah, luckily enough with grindcore there's some certain places you can play, some people you can sleep at, some solidarity and unity.

When your helping some other bands out, it just makes you feel good. You don't feel like complete shithead all the time, you can take a night off. Sometimes the favors get returned, sometimes not, but that's not the point of doing things. When I help someone out, I don't expect them to help me back. I'm way too deep in my pessimism to believe that most of these people remember me in a year. The Arson Project, I believe, was an exception, becouse we spent one sweaty and fun day at my place ( the fan was turned to the max until it broke, there were six people sleeping in the same room and the air was so thick you could throw anything, and it would have just floated there!) we jammed and watched some episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and we all just felt connected. At least I think so. And that's also one of the best parts: Meeting people you would never meet otherwise.

I have to say that I really love my life. Cut To Fit has shitloads of all small good stuff going on, and I rather do many great little things right, than fuck up two huge things. And we get to play with some great bands. We're also working on some new songs, and I hope they'll work themselves out. In the meantime, while we are already running out of Babylon Burns', we decided to do some Fire Works'. 100 of them too, I'll get up to it next week. After the gigs. I'll let you know when there's something to know.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti